Bring It On
What will the new year bring? This is a question that many people will be pondering over their cocktails and beer this evening as they gather with friends and family to welcome in 2006.For me 2006 will always be remembered as the year I received my BA/Bed from UNBSJ. This is something I have worked hard for and look forward to seeing what doors will be opened for me because of this accomplishment. I hope to find a teaching position in the Middle School area but I will be content with any teaching job as I have a love of learning and hope to share that with my students.
But before I think about what 2006 has in store I must take a moment and think about the great gifts I received in 2005. This past year has been a year of firsts for me. It was the first time I had the opportunity to go to university without having to work full time (thank you for that Will). I spread my literary wings and began reading SF (thank you Dr. J.). I have been blessed with the gift of friendship from Emily, Debra, Jane, Melanie, Valerie, Dr. J. and Doc M.
Along with the joys of the year, there was sorrow. Will lost his dad to cancer, his mom has been in and out of the hospital on several occasions, both my parents received news they need to have surgery (nothing serious, thank goodness), and my sister has some medical issues she is dealing with. We all know that we have to take the bad along with the good but the good is so much easier.
As I sit at my desk thinking of what 2006 might bring I am confident enough to say, "Bring it on," I'm ready for anything.
I hope you and yours have a very Happy New Year and I wish you all the best in 2006. Party on!


1 Comments:
That is a great attitude to have. I wish I could share it, this is my last term as well but I'm scared out of my mind to recieve my degree. Hopefully the real world isn't as scary as I'm making it out in my mind to be.
As long as there is liquor and coffee in the world I'll be happy though hehehe
Post a Comment
<< Home